Saturday, January 28, 2012

Winter Nights

 Well exam time is here for the kids!! All of my classes wrote their exams yesterday so I have one huge stack of marking to do this weekend!!! Between that and visiting my MIL in the hospital (she had surgery yesterday) I am hoping to get some scrapping done this weekend. One of my CTMH sisters is starting up a new challenge blog this week and she has invited me to be part of her DT (: The blog is called Use It or Lose It, there will be a new challenge each week and along with the challenge you are supposed to use your scraps to create your layout. I think it will be good for me because I can tell you I have lots of scraps just dying to be used (: We will be showcasing CTMH products on this blog. The first challenge will start on February 10th. I will post the link then.

 Anyway, back to today's layout. These pics are from almost 3 years ago already!!! Man time flies! Sometimes in the winter Lee will have a fire for the kids in our front yard. This night we even had sparklers. The kids had a blast!! I love how Kieran is holding Azelyn's hand!! They always got along so well back then, mind you Azelyn wasn't really talking/bossing yet (: They still get along pretty good but they have their moments too!


 I used BoBunny paper. This is the 4th time I have used some from this line for a layout! I guess it's one of my favs eh!? I just love the mix of bright colours, they work for almost any type of picture. I also used some CTMH and BoBunny double dot cs. The title is MM alpha stickers and the twine is Jillibean soup. I doubt you can see it but I used liquid glass on some of the circles just to give it a bit of dimension. I also used a couple of SU punches and my uniball pens.
 I am going to enter this in the challenge over at Another Freaking Scrappy Challenge. They had a sketch (I altered it a bit) and the theme was winter. As well as at Seriously Creative Challenge with their
Let it Snow challenge. (thanks Rox (: I knew there was another one I was forgetting!!)

 Have great weekend!!!  (:

3/78 pages complete

10 comments:

  1. Hello Jenn, so wonderful to see you found Another Freaking Scrappy Challenge. I love the bright colours you have used in this layout, family togetherness you just can not beat. And such CUTE kiddies. Well Done :-) Thanks for playing along with us at Another Freaking Scrappy Challenge. Donna :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great layout! Love the fun and bright colours! A bonfire in the front yard in winter time sounds fantastic, my boys would love it. The sort of thing than only happens at Papa and Nana's house. :)
    Cheers,
    Shanna
    p.s. Good luck with the big stack 'o marking!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful lo! Great colors/combo! Tks. for playing along with us at AFSC!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great colours - love it when people use non-traditional colours for a season! Love the layout! Thanks so much for playing along with another Freaking scrappy challenge ... - hope you continue to play along!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jenn, I came here two or three times yesterday to leave a comment and kept getting interrupted, GRRRRR!!! Anyway, LOVE this layout, glad you were able to take part in a new challenge site (actually, you should link this up over at Seriously Creative Challenges, the prompt is "Let it Snow" and you've got a couple of days still) and I especially love the bright colours you used, very edgy!!! Isn't it nice when you love ALL the papers in a line and can actually USE them?! Oh no, I think Brenna's into the dishwasher - Life...interrupted! That's my new slogan for the year! Hugs, Roxy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jenn I love this layout! The colours are fantastic!!! I also enjoy the very blingy title :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the layout --- and I must say I'm always impressed by the titles you choose for your pages. Kids, as always are gorgeous - helps to have such photogenic subjects --- I've got to start remembering to take my camera with me in case an event pops up!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a colorful and beautiful lay out Thanks for Joining us at CA

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great layout love the use of bright colours for a winter page thanks for participating at AFSC

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! I was surprised to see those colours & papers in our Seriously Creative "snow" challenge... but I have to say you nailed it! They're perfect with your photos! Thanks for joining us, hope you'll be back!

    ReplyDelete