Saturday, December 31, 2011

Strawberry Fields!!!

 I have to say these are some of my favs from that weekend crop!! I was hoping to enter them in some challenge but I didn't come across any that worked.
 I took Kieran and Azelyn berry picking at my cousin's U Pick farm (in Massey, ON) at the beginning of July. I don't think either of them had ever been to a farm like this before. They thought they were in heaven being surrounded by all of those delicious strawberries!! Even with them being small it didn't take long to fill a couple of baskets!! which was a good thing because the clouds started to roll in and we could hear thunder in the distance.
 I played it safe and carried the baskets under each arm on the way back to the car. I didn't want to chance the handles of the baskets giving out and dumping all of those gorgeous berries!! I should have got a picture of me too!  I realized, once I put the baskets down, that I had two big strawberry juice stains on my shirt, it looked like someone had grabbed my boobs with strawberries all over their hands!! I never did get those stains out!! Thank goodness I happened to have a spare shirt in the car!


 The patterned paper I used was MME (So Sofie- Savvy- In Love) It was perfect for these pictures!! I was so happy when we found it in the bins!! The cs, ribbon, pins, stamps, buttons and chipboard are all CTMH. The letters in the first layout are MME and the title on the second layout was done with the Storybook cartridge on the cricut. The strawberry was a heart and I added some fancy corners to the top.


74/78 complete!!  (the other 4 pages are complete but won't be posted until the New Year, I finished the last one today!!)

1 comment:

  1. Oh my God, I was laughing my butt off when I read about your shirt, hilarious!!! I can see why these pages are your favorites, they are soooooo pretty! Love the pale blue as an accent! And the title on the second page, gasp! Those letters are GORGEOUS!!! Uh oh, I hear screaming upstairs, gotta run! Hugs, Roxy.

    ReplyDelete